Discovered Open Call for ‘Hooked‘ – the first installation exhibition for a new Gallery in London connected to Guys Hospital – under umbrella of London Science Gallery – described as – a space where ‘science and art collide’ and bringing togethor researchers, students, communitys and artists – to look for innovate ways to look for fresh answers. The target audience is 15-25 year olds.
Hooked is a project to use Art to express answers to questions about Addiction around themes.
- The addiction cycle – craving, harm, recovery, relapse
- The addicted brain – adolescent brains and brain plasticity
- The addiction experience – life as an addict, friends or family
- Stigma – associated with being an addict, wider society
- Individual and social ‘recovery’ – how do we recover from addiction?
- Geography – what would an addiction map of London, the UK or the global picture look like? Does place influence addiction?
- Policy – throughout history, evidence has often been made to fit policy, rather than the other way around. How do we build a society where people can form healthier bonds?
- Causes of addiction –What makes people vulnerable to addiction?
There are no easy answers – but some information here: Overcoming drug addiction.